Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tokyo Joe's-Bangkok Blues Festival

Unless you are into pain, don't even bother looking at the videos I posted below, however this one is really good, even if it was a different night and the place wasn't really rockin' like it was on Saturday.

You can also go to their myspace site
soidogbluesband and there are a couple of good clips there.

Still, I had my phone out and recorded a couple of cuts:

youtube video by wingssail imagesSoi Dog Blues Band

Yeah, I know, it's horrible quality; I took it with the old cell phone which I got for free in Hong Kong 4 years ago, what did I expect? But maybe you get the idea of what it was like in this club last night. If you click on some of the other clips which YouTube throws up you can get better sound, but it wasn't the same night.

There are four guitars going full blast; fast, hard, loud and lots of fuzz tone.

We loved it.

The guy in the foreground in the black shirt is the harmonica player waiting for his cue.
youtube video by wingsail images

Serious Trouble blues band

Sorry about the poor quality of this clip, I took it with my old cell phone. I know you can't hear a thing or see much, but maybe you get the idea.

These guys were from Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia and they rocked. Other than that we didn't learm much about them.

Think Hendrix, think Alvin Lee, think Jeff Healey, think Stevie Ray Vaughn.

You got it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page