Saturday, October 25, 2008

Anchoring

wingssail image-fredrick roswold
Judy

The anchoring routine in Wings: As we reach the location we have chosen to anchor we shift to neutral and coast upwind. Judy goes forward and waits for my signal. When the boat comes to a stop I signal to her to drop the anchor and when I hear it going down I shift into reverse, helping to pay out the chain in a straight line downwind from the anchor. As the preselected amount of chain is reached Judy stops lowing chain and signals me to back down harder, and I increase the rev's in reverse. When the chain is taught Judy feels it with her toe for any indication of dragging and she signals me for more rev's. Now I put on lots of power and we give the anchor a big pull while she monitors the chain. I also watch boats or landmarks around us to see if we are moving. When we are both satisfied Judy gives me the signal to cut the power and we are finished.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page